If you are thinking about selling your home but planning to wait until after the holiday’s. Here are seven great reasons not to wait to sell your house this holiday season.
Around this time each year, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to sell their houses. Similarly, others who already have their homes on the market remove their listings until the spring.
This year, buyers want to purchase homes for the holidays, and your house might be the perfect match.
Seven Great Reasons Not To Wait To Sell Your House This Holiday Season
1. Buyers are active now. Mortgage rates are historically low, providing motivation for those who are ready to get more for their money over the life of their home loan.
2. Purchasers who look for homes during the holidays are serious ones, and they’re ready to buy.
3. You can restrict the showings in your house to days and times that are most convenient for you, or even select virtual options. You’ll remain in control, especially in today’s sellers’ market. If you want to learn more about virtual showings you can contact me to learn more about what I can do.
4. Homes decorated for the holidays appeal to many buyers.
5. In todays market, there’s minimal competition for you as a seller. There just aren’t enough houses on the market to satisfy buyer demand, meaning sellers are in the driver’s seat. Over the past year, inventory has declined to record lows, making it the opportune time to sell your house. As you can see the Connecticut Housing Supply is down 31.4% from last November (See graph below):
6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the holidays. Buyers who have been searching throughout the fall and have been running into more and more bidding wars are still on the lookout. Your home may be the answer.
7. This season is the sweet spot for sellers, and the number of listings will increase after the holidays. With more new home construction increasing in Connecticut they will also be available for sale in 2021, which will lessen the demand for your house next year.
More than ever, this may be the year it makes the most sense to list your house during the holiday season. Let’s talk today to determine if selling now is your best move.
I am committed to the real estate market to make sure you have all the information you need to make your next move. Review all the information I have put together for you here on my website. If you would like more information on any issues of concern as well please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.